Monday, February 9, 2009

Local Beer & Wine?

The other news from last week is that I met with the the good folks over at Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC). We will be serving beer and wine at Farley's East so naturally you need a permit to do so and naturally, permits cost money and take time. Right now they take even more time because state employees have a work furlough (thanks Arnold). In the end, I do expect to receive the permit before we open but if we don't, blame it on the economy.


As Farley’s East works to build community and support the local businesses, we will feature local wine makers and local brewers almost exclusively. If you have any recommendations, we'd love to hear from you so please post them in the comments section below.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I started working on Broadway and 21st last month, but I live on 18th and Kansas in SF. So I'm in Farley country all the time. I'm so looking forward to getting my morning cuppa over here in the East Bay. I can't tell you how excited I was when I walked by and saw that iconic walking cane in the window. What's the time frame for opening day?

Unknown said...

Hey Nick,
glad to hear you'll be visiting us in the East Bay! We'll be opening in early May. Stay tuned to the blog for updates.